Friday, September 10, 2010

Just a quick update for now!

  • Shamus is taking the bus each day to school and it makes me sad every time I drop him off! He just seems too little for the bus. :( But, he LOVES it and is really loving school. He is singing songs in French already (short songs!) and is coming home with new words. He'll be teaching Darryl and I before we know it! So, we are very, very happy to see him enjoying school.
  • Shamus went to watch/participate in a karate class last week. All went well and I'm hoping to get him registered within the next week. If I get time!!
  • Breagha is not impressed that we have picked a daycare for her. Nope! She wants to stay home with me. We have been lucky and have been able to get her in 3 daycares and they are all $7.00/day. They all seem great so it was tough to decide. But, everything will be official tomorrow. Done deal!
  • Breagha went to a highland dancing class today...to see what we think. She wouldn't join the class and stuck to me like glue. Quite disappointing as she loves highland dancing but she was intimidated that the other girls "could dance" but she couldn't. Not sure if I'll push it or not. We didn't register her, only went to check it out. But, she has to pick one activity to join and now she has changed it to skating! So, we'll see.
  • Darryl is still super busy at work. Very long days and the commute just makes it that much longer. We realllllly have to think about where we want to live before we buy. We haven't figured that one out yet but we're not in a big hurry.
  • I have been really struggling the last 7-10 days on whether to be looking for work or take some French courses. I have hardly applied for any jobs (slacker, I know!!) but there isn't any positions that will take an English speaking girl! I have looked and looked and things are not looking great for me. Soooo, I have been thinking that this is probably the best time for me to take some courses. Daycare is cheap and Shamus is in school. I can take the class during the day. We'll be poor for a while but we'll manage! So, I plan to register for a class tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I'll learn lots! Wish me luck cause I'll need it! :)
  • Since Darryl is so busy at work during the week, the weekends are all about the 4 of us spending time together. Which has been really nice. We did a quick trip to Ottawa last weekend and have been catching up with old Montreal friends. We also have friends from Brisbane, Mike and Mireille, that just moved about 2 minutes away from us!! So, catching up with them too!! The days are flying by with all that is going on but hopefully things will slow down soon.
  • Sorry but I'm terribly behind with emails. Months behind! But, next week that will change!!!
That's it. Time to head to bed! Weekend starts tomorrow!! Wheeee-hooo!

3 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Good luck on the classes Stace! I think it is a smart decision and that will lead you to get a better job. Glad to hear Mike & Mireille are so close to you guys. Please say hi to them from the Vona's =)!
I have been very busy at my job with all the training and next week I have to go for more training at the LA offices so that is going to be challenging as it can take up to 2.5 hrs in traffic, anyway some coworkers and I have been organizing to carpool at least!
Cheers,
Mariana

Clotilde said...

Thanks for the update Stacey! And for the private message on FB.

Bonne chance avec tes cours de français, j'espère que tu apprendras très vite et que tu seras bilingue en un tournemain! (oh, that's a tough one I just wrote... a bit of challenge for you! No Google Translate, eh?)

MacPurdys said...

Oh, Mariana!! The drive is awful, isn't it?!! Darryl is dealing with that at the moment. No fun!!

Clo - I did understand your message, except for "tournemain". Not sure but is it quickly? Or easiy? Don't know but no google was used! :)